A basic understandable approach to conducting & producing reports on competency to proceed to trial. The training will list & discuss the process of conducting a good thorough evaluation and preparation of a useful & focused report for the court, including what instruments to have in your toolbox and a recommended approach & paradigm.
- List and determine which test instruments are appropriate for this process and when to use them.
- List the components of a good functional report on competency.
- List and apply the criteria for determining competency.
- Summarize the components of the closing/summary and how to assist the court without usurping the role of the judge.
About the Presenter:
Michael Holler, LMHC, NCC, CCMHC, CFMHE, CCCE
Michael Holler is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, a National Certified Counselor, a Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Forensic Mental Health Evaluator, a Certified Child Custody Evaluator, a Qualified Parenting Coordinator, a Qualified Clinical Supervisor and a Certified Family and County Mediator. He serves as Chair of the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association (FMHCA) Ethics Committee. Michael has a private practice in Tavernier in the Florida Keys. Michael has been working with individuals, families, couples and organizations for over 25 years. Michael is also a Neurofeedback provider.
Michael has worked in inpatient psychiatric, community mental health and private practice settings; Michael has worked as an adjunct professor in psychology at Florida Keys Community College. Michael was President of the Upper Keys Interagency Council in 1997. Michael was the first Intensive Onsite Services Counselor in the State of Florida.
- $40 for members, including Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluators (CFMHEs), CFMHE applicants/candidates, and members of all associations partnering with NBFE (see Professional Partners link for full listing)
- $60 for non-members
- NBFE Member (Free-Complimentary Attendance) Please see registration page for more details.
The National Board of Forensic Evaluators (NBFE) has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6189. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NBFE is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
NBFE is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NBFE maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This workshop has been approved for 2.0 hours of continuing education with the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, & Mental Health Counseling and the Florida Board of Psychology, CE Broker Tracking # 20-923993 (CE Broker Provider #50-15823).
NBFE is recognized and endorsed by the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
Click here for NBFE Cancellation/Refund Policy.