This is an on-demand course/training.
Records reviews are one of the four essential categories of data sources for a quality forensic mental health evaluation, yet few mental health professionals have ever been formally trained on how to conduct them. Evaluators often ask NBFE questions about these reviews, such as:
- What is a records review?
- How to I determine what records to obtain?
- What am I looking for?
- How do I report what I find?
Using real case examples
, this 1-hour webinar was designed to provide guidance on these questions.
- Define "records review" in the context of forensic mental health evaluation and summarize what ethical codes and practice guidelines say about them.
- List some of the most common types of records that should be reviewed during the evaluation process.
- Communicate pertinent information from records review in a forensic evaluation report.
- $15 for NBFE members (i.e., CFMHEs and CFMHE applicants/candidates) and, for members of our partnering organizations (see Professional Partners for current listing)
- $25 for non-members
About the Presenter
Aaron Norton, PhD, LMHC, LMFT, MAC, CFMHE, CFBA, CCMHC, CRC
Dr. Norton is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist serving as Executive Director of the National Board of Forensic Evaluators, Adjunct Instructor at the University of South Florida, Southern Regional Director for the American Mental Health Counselors Association, and President of the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association.
He has nearly 20 years of clinical and forensic experience at Integrity Counseling, Inc., was awarded Mental Health Counselor of the Year by the American Mental Health Counselors Association and Counselor Educator of the Year by the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association in 2016, Researcher of the Year by Florida Mental Health Counselors Association in 2020, and he was the recipient of the American Mental Health Counselors Association's Public and Community Service Award in 2020. He has been published in several social science academic journals and professional magazines in clinical mental health counseling.
Continuing Education Information
The National Board of Forensic Evaluators (NBFE) has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6189. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NBFE is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
NBFE is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NBFE maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This webinar has been approved for 1.0 general contact hour(s) with the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, & Mental Health Counseling, CE Broker Tracking # 20-885218 (CE Broker Provider #50-15823).
NBFE is recognized and endorsed by the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
Click here for NBFE Cancellation/Refund Policy.