National Board of Forensic Evaluators
The CFMHE credential is designed to certify licensed mental health professionals (psychologists, counselors, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists) who have attained expert status in the specialty of forensic mental health evaluation as evidenced by their forensic knowledge and experience. Please note that in order to pursue our Certified Child Custody Evaluator (CCCE) credential or our Certified Forensic Behavioral Analyst (CFBA) credential you must first be certified as one of our Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator's (CFMHE).
1. Complete the application for the CFMHE credential, by signing up for a self-paced certification workshop "on-demand" or attend a live certification workshop. Please scroll down to "Apply Now" for more details.
2. After submitting your application, attend a certification workshop (no additional cost) and/or utilize the online training resources, located on the members only page (no additional cost) available to prepare for the written and oral examinations.
3. Schedule and complete the written examination within 90 days of applying (or attending a certification workshop).
4. Submit a sample forensic mental health evaluation report to the Oral Examination Committee within 6 months of passing the written examination. The committee will review the sample and either recommend revisions for re-submission or approve the sample and schedule the oral examination. Once approved by the committee, the sample will be sent to the Chair of the Oral committee for final approval.
5. Attend and pass the oral examination.
To attain NBFE board certification as a forensic mental health evaluator, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
This option is all self-paced. Click "apply now" to access our self-served credentialing process. Access our CFMHE course when time allows. Please be advised that our self-paced Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator training, still adheres to our timeframes for completing the course. Our self-paced certification course is offered starting at $715 (none-members) or $600 (members). Members are those who hold a valid, none-expired membership with one of our professional partnerships. Please click here to verify our professional partnerships. Click here to view live certification workshops! Should you have any questions about becoming certified please contact our Administrative Assistant - Valentino Norton call or text (386) 366-5761 or email: Valentino@nbfe.net
Certification costs include:
1. Application Fee
3. Discounted rates off trainings and homestudy courses (member rate vs. none-member rate)
4. Eight-hour certification workshop (8-CE's)
5. Written Exam
6. Oral Exam
NBFE now certifies those of our professional counselors practicing independent counseling in our neighboring foreign countries. However, the following requirements must be achieved for those seeking the certification of an NBFE forensic mental health evaluator (CFMHE):
If licensing is not required in your country of residence, the candidate must be nationally certified by the National Board for Certified Counselors with a National Certified Counselor Credential (NCC) or a CCMHC certification.
Link to: Hoffman Organicity Test
Link to: DSICA
Link to Homestudy